One week to go, the Internet Governance Forum 2019 starts on Monday, Nov. 25th in BerlinJutta Croll, Stiftung Digitale Chancen
On Monday 25th the Internet Governance Forum 2019 will begin in Berlin with a High Level Internet Governance Exchange. By invitation of the German Federal Minister for Economy and Energy more than 30 Ministers from around the world will gather with representatives from the private sector, civil society and the technical community. They will discuss matters of Data Governance, Safety and Security, and Digital Inclusion in order to make a significant contribution to the debates at the IGF.
Children’s rights and child protection have gained high awareness in the Internet Governance eco-system over the years since the Dynamic Coalition on Child Online Safety started their work in Rio in 2007.
We have produced a schedule of those sessions addressing aspects of children and youth growing up in a digital environment to make it more convenient for you to take part either on-site or online via a remote hub.
Within the IGF week we will report daily from the event with a spezial focus to these sessions.
Watch this space to stay on track.
IGF-Sessions on “Growing Up in a Digital Environment”
Day 0: 25.11.2019 (Pre-Events)
- 09:00-10:30, Convention Hall I - D: Youth IGF Summit (Gesellschaft für Informatik)
- 15:00-16:00, Room IV: Ethics for the Young Digital Talents in the era of AI (Universitas Indonesia)
- 15:30-17:00, Hall Europa: Children’s Rights in the Digital World - A Case for Internet Governance (5Rights Foundation)
Day 1: 26.11.2019
- 09:30-11:00, Estrel Hall B: Dynamic Coalition on Child Online Safety (How to balance children‘s right to play and to be protected)
Day 2: 27.11.2019
- 10:45-11:45, Convention Hall I - C: Online Protection of Underage Users (Open Forum)
- 11:30-13:00, Room I: Children’s Privacy and Data Protection in Digital Contexts (Workshop)
- 11:30-13:00, Room IV: Youth in IG for Internet Ethics & Digital Inclusion (Workshop)
Day 3: 28.11.2019
- 09:30-11:00, Room V: Tackling Hate Speech: A Multi-Stakeholder Responsibility (Workshop)
- 11:30-13:00, Room V: Kids Online: What We Know and Can Do to Keep Them Safe (Workshop)
- 12:00-13:00, Convention Hall I - C: Developing policy guidelines for AI and child rights (Open Forum)
- 15:00-16:00, Convention Hall I - D: EU Delegation & Youth IGF Movement (Open Forum)
- 15:00-16:30, Hall Europa: Tackling Cyberbullying on Children with Digital Literacy (Workshop)
- 15:00-16:30, Room III: Digitally Skilling our Youth: Varied Global Approaches (Workshop)
- 16:40-18:10, Hall Europa: How and Why to Involve Perspectives of Children Effectively (Workshop)
Day 4: 29.11.2019
- 09:30-11:00, Hall Europa: Youth Coalition on Internet Governance (Youth Participation at the IGF)