The virtual Internet Governance Forum 2020 is starting soonStiftung Digitale Chancen
On Monday, November 2, the Internet Governance Forum (IGF) 2020 will begin, this year in digital format as a virtual IGF, hosted by the United Nations. This year’s motto is "Internet for human resilience and solidarity". Here, economic, civil society, and technical representatives meet with high-ranking government representatives from all around the world and address the four thematic tracks: data, environment, inclusion, and trust.
During the first week a series of sessions and workshops of the IGF’s Dynamic Coalitions and the national and regional IGF initiatives will take place. In addition, open forums and events of transnational organizations will be held. In the second week, the program, which is divided into four thematic areas by the Multistakeholder Advisory Group, will begin. Until November 17, the program will include workshops, sessions, and roundtable discussions that will focus on the challenges of digital transformation for society.
Children’s rights and child protection have gained high awareness in the Internet Governance eco-system over the years since the Dynamic Coalition on Child Online Safety started its work in Rio in 2007.
We have produced a schedule of the sessions addressing aspects of children and youth growing up in a digital environment to make it more convenient for you to take part online. During the IGF week we will report from the event with a special focus on these sessions.
For the participation in the IGF a registration is necessary. Please be kindly advised here to register before October 26.
IGF-Sessions on “Growing Up in a Digital Environment”
- 10:20-11:50, Room 1: Digital Cooperation and Children’s Rights
- 16:10-17:40, Room Poland II: Internet - safety and development of children and young people - educational, social and legal consequences
- 8:00-9:30, Room 1: Lessons learned from the Pandemic: child rights and safety
- 15:10-16:10, Room 3: Investing in keeping children Safe Online
- 8:40-10:10, Room 3: Right to Play?---Online Gaming and Child Rights
- 10:40-12:00, Room 1: Protection or Participation? Child Rights in a New Normal
- 16:10-17:40, Room 3: The Revolution won't be Televised, but Social Mediatised?
- 17:50-18:50, Room 3: Children’s Rights and Participation in Data Governance
- 11:10-12:10, Room 3: New profiles of marketing aimed at children in the Internet
- 13:50-15:20, Room 3: Digital Human Rights: Digital integrity of the human person