Invitation to comment on a General Comment on children’s rights in relation to the digital environment
We are happy to announce that the Unites Nation’s Committee on the Rights of the Child is currently drafting a general comment on children’s rights in relation to the digital environment.
As of Aug. 12 the Committee now invites all interested stakeholders to comment on its draft general comment. The deadline for submissions is 15 November 2020. No submissions received after this deadline will be considered or posted on the webpage of the Committee.
After due consideration of inputs provided, the Committee will decide on the contents of the final version of the general comment. All comments:
- Should be submitted in one of the official languages of the Committee: English, French or Spanish;
- Should be in one concise and focused document indicating precisely the paragraphs to which comments are being made and must not exceed 3,000 words;
- Should be submitted electronically in WORD format to the following email address: email@example.com;
- Will not be accepted if they do not follow the above requirements;
- Will not be translated;
- Shall be posted on the CRC webpage devoted to this draft general comment.
The current version of the draft general comment can be found here.