Concept note for a General Comment on children’s rights in relation to the digital environmentVereinte Nationen
The Committee on the Rights of the Child will draft a General Comment on children’s rights in relation to the digital environment.
The Committee invites all interested parties to comment on the concept note of the General Comment. Submissions are welcome on all aspects of the concept note for the General Comment, with a particular focus on the following:
- The purpose and scope of the General Comment;
- The structure of the General Comment;
- General measures of implementation by State parties needed to realise children’s rights in relation to the digital environment;
- Views on the issues and questions raised in the concept note; and
- Suggestions for new issues for inclusion in the General Comment.
In particular, the Committee welcomes relevant research evidence; knowledge of the sector; findings from consultations with children; examples of laws, policies or programmes; or evidence of good practice that would contribute to the drafting process.
- Should be submitted in one of the official languages of the Committee - English, French or Spanish;
- Should be in one concise document focusing explicitly on the implications of the digital environment for the realization of children’s rights and must not exceed 6 pages;
- Should include a short statement introducing the submitting organization or individual;
- Should be submitted electronically in WORD format to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Shall not be translated; and
- Shall be posted on the Committee’s webpage devoted to this draft General Comment.
The deadline for submissions is 15 May 2019. No submissions received after this deadline will be considered or posted on the webpage.
In parallel, consultations with children in diverse contexts across multiple countries, as well as with experts from relevant fields, will be undertaken to ensure that their perspectives are fully reflected in the General Comment. After due consideration of all inputs provided, the Committee will prepare a first draft of the General Comment for additional consultation with relevant stakeholders.
The concept note is available.